How much is the subsidy?
The subsidy is equal to 10% of the remuneration you pay from March 18, 2020 to June 19, 2020, up to $1,375 for each eligible employee and to a maximum of $25,000 total per employer.
Note: Associated CCPCs will not be required to share the maximum subsidy of $25,000 per employer.
Which employers are eligible?
You are an eligible employer if you:
- are a(n):
- individual (excluding trusts),
- partnership (see note below),
- non-profit organization,
- registered charity, or
- Canadian-controlled private corporation (including a cooperative corporation) eligible for the small business deduction.
- have an existing business number and payroll program account with the CRA on March 18, 2020; and
- pay salary, wages, bonuses, or other remuneration to an eligible employee.
An eligible employee is an individual who is employed in Canada.
Note: Partnerships are only eligible for the subsidy if their members consist exclusively of individuals (excluding trusts), registered charities, or Canadian-controlled private corporations (CCPCs) eligible for the small business deduction.
For more information on whether your corporation is a CCPC, see Type of Corporation.